Groom’s Cottage, Gilston Estate
Groom’s Cottage is on Gilston Estate. Set in a beautiful courtyard, just an hour’s drive from Edinburgh, nearby attractions include the stunning town of St Andrews, countless East Neuk beaches, golf courses as well as miles and miles of coastal paths.
The two bedroom and one bathroom cottage is wonderfully light. Guests enjoy a living room, a well-equipped kitchen with dining area, together with a private garden, BBQ and plenty of parking.
There is a relaxed, lived-in feel: original and eclectic artwork is found throughout and there’s a mixture of modern and vintage furniture.
- Living Space: The cottage kitchen is well equipped. It has an electric oven and hob, half-half fridge/freezer, microwave, kettle, toaster and all-important dishwasher. We provide oil and vinegar, salt and pepper mills plus fresh and instant coffee and some teas. And there will be fresh milk in the fridge and a hamper of local treats for you non your arrival! The dining table in the large kitchen seats 6 guests very comfortably. A touch of vintage style meets home-from-home in the comfortable sitting room where there’s also a wood-burning stove (unlimited wood provided) plus a Smart TV. Wi-Fi is available throughout the cottage.
- Bedrooms: both bedrooms have king-size beds with feather duvets, pillows, and cotton sheets. There’s a chest of drawers in each plus space to hang clothes. Bed linen and towels are provided and we’ll make sure your beds are made up for your arrival.
- Bathroom: the generous-sized bathroom has a bathtub and a separate shower. 100 Acres bathing essentials are provided.
- Outdoors: there’s a lovely private garden with a BBQ, table and benches. Lighters, charcoal and tools are all provided for your use at the Cottage. Please note the garden is not enclosed. We have an outdoor play area with swings, climbing frame and zip wire for the shared use of guests. This is provided at your own risk.
- Laundry: the Cottage has an iron, ironing board, hoover and washing machine (with washing liquid pods). There is also an outdoor washing line, ideal for drying beach towels, wetsuits, etc.
Useful Information …
- Access: you have access to the entire cottage*.
- The property is located on the ground floor. It is part of a courtyard complex with four cottages that housed the Victorian stables for Gilston House.
- * There is one cupboard in the kitchen that is not available for use by guests.
- You have access to free parking on site for up to 2 vehicles at the property.
- Walks around the estate:
- There are paths from the courtyard where you can walk to enjoy the local countryside. We ask you to please keep your dogs on leads and see maps for routes.
- The Cottage is available for weekly lets with a Friday change over.
- £500.00 per week – all in.
- Available until the end of April 2023.
All enquiries should be made initially to Cath Baxter – either by email or phone: 07754 857729.
Check-in & Further Information
- Self check-in: you can check-in under your own steam as we provide a self-check-in system.
- You have neighbours: the property is fitted with a noise-detection device.
- Pets are welcome for an additional fee of £20.00. Please inform us in the initial inquiry stage.
- Please only allow your dog in the kitchen and sitting room.
- We ask you to please keep your dogs on leads when walking around the estate as we have nesting birds. See our map for routes.
House Rules: we want you to have a fantastic time when staying with us. We encourage you to see the space as a home away from home — treating it as though it is yours! There are, of course, a few things we politely ask guests to note before their arrival and throughout your stay:
- Strictly no smoking
- No parties
- Please dispose of all rubbish appropriately
- Keep the property clean and tidy
- Washing up and stripping the beds at check-out is appreciated, but by no means expected
- Quiet hours are between 10pm and 9am: please keep the noise down and respect your neighbours
- Please remember to close all windows and doors when leaving
Below: nearby Elie beach, one of many favourite destinations for those visiting our area …