Groom’s Cottage, Gilston Estate
Groom’s Cottage is one of the four Clocktower Cottages located around a courtyard on Gilston Estate. Set just an hour’s drive from Edinburgh, highlights nearby include St Andrews, countless East Neuk beaches, golf courses & coastal paths. Groom’s Cottage is a light-filled cottage consisting of 2 bedrooms & 1 bathroom, a living room & a well-equipped kitchen with a dining area. There is a private garden with a BBQ & ample parking.
Spaces: with original and eclectic artwork throughout the cottage and a mixture of vintage and modern pieces of furniture, there is a relaxed, lived-in feel to this cottage which will make you feel you’ve escaped but are just as comfortable as you would be at home.
LIVING ROOM, DINING & KITCHEN
Vintage style meets home snugness in the comfortable sitting room. Woodburning stove with unlimited wood provided. Smart TV and Wi-Fi (throughout the cottage). The dining table in the large kitchen seats 6 guests very comfortably. The kitchen has been well kitted out with those in mind who enjoy cooking delicious local ingredients while on holiday as much as eating out; it has a half-half fridge/freezer, microwave, kettle, toaster, dishwasher, electric oven and hob. We have provided oil and vinegar, salt and pepper mills plus fresh and instant coffee and some teas. There will be fresh milk in the fridge and a hamper of local treats left for you when you arrive.
BEDROOMS & BATHROOM
The two bedrooms have king-size beds with feather duvets, pillows, and cotton sheets. There is a chest of drawers in each bedroom and space to hang clothes. Bed linen and towels are provided and your beds will be made up ready for your arrival. The generous-sized airy bathroom has both a bathtub and a separate shower. Soak the day away in deliciously scented 100 Acres bathing essentials.
There is a charming private garden with a BBQ, table and benches. Lighters, charcoal and tools are all there for your use. Please note the garden is not enclosed. We have an outdoor play area with swings, climbing frame and zip wire for the shared use of guests. Completely at your own risk. People do fall off!
The property has an iron, ironing board, hoover and washing machine (with washing liquid pods) an outdoor washing line, ideal for drying wetsuits etc
Access: Guests will have access to the entire cottage. The property is located on the ground floor. It forms part of four holiday cottages located in the pretty courtyard that once housed the Victorian stables for Gilston House. There is one cupboard in the kitchen that is not available for use by guests. Guests will have access to free parking suitable for up to 2 vehicles at the property.
Walks around the estate: we ask you to please keep your dogs on leads and see our map for routes. We have a play area where there is a climbing frame and swings for your shared use.
Guests are free to check in on their own with a self-check-in system.
- Please note the property is fitted with a noise-detection device.
- Pets are welcome for an additional fee of £20, and please inform us in the initial inquiry stage. Please only allow your dog in the kitchen and sitting room. We ask you to please keep your dogs on leads when walking around the estate as we have nesting birds and see our map for routes.
House Rules: ALTIDO wants you to have a fantastic stay, and we encourage you to see the space as a home away from home — treating it as though it is yours! There are, of course, a few things we politely ask guests to note before their arrival and throughout their stay:
- Strictly no smoking, no parties
- Dispose of rubbish appropriately.
- Keep the property clean and tidy.
- Whilst washing up and stripping the beds at check-out would be appreciated, it is by no means expected.
- Quiet hours are between 10 PM and 9 AM. So please keep the noise down and respect the neighbours in the building.
- Please remember to close all windows and doors when leaving.
- To ensure the safety of our current and future guests, we ask all guests to complete our online check-in form and to provide a valid form of identification.
For more on the surrounding area – outstanding golf courses, landmark attractions, award-winning restaurants, walks, rides and beautiful beaches, please visit our page on the property’s booking site via this link.
Below: nearby Elie beach, one of many favourite destinations for those visiting our area …